Once your domain is registered the only way of changing it is to register another domain. This means that getting it right the first time is important. Millions of names have already been registered so your first choice might not always be available.
These simple and easy guidelines should help you find the correct name.
- Keep it short and simple.
- Keep the domain name memorable and make sure it's relevant to your company
- Base it around your company name to make it easy to guess
- If you abbreviate your company name, or want to abbreviate your domain name, think about registering the full company name as well.
- Register the domain name with all relevant extensions (i.e., .com and .co.uk). A .co.uk name gives you a UK presence and many of your UK customers will look for this. A .com however gives you a global presence. Having both makes it easier for your customers to guess.
Some domain extensions, such as ltd.uk and plc.uk have restrictions on how they can be registered. Our domain checker will give you further details on these restrictions.
If you need any help or advice finding your domain, simply give us a call.